- We believe companies have the potential to improve lives and move the needle on critical issues while also helping to support the economy. We believe that companies should be active in helping to solve pressing social and environmental issues to build sustainable communities. At TFS, we are proud to help lead the way.
- TFS is leveraging its philanthropic partnerships to help young people increase their financial knowledge, equipping them for a more successful adulthood. The TFS Financial Empowerment Initiative is designed to equip youth with the tools and resources necessary to feel confident in their financial decision-making ability.
- In 2014, TFS introduced a Financial Empowerment initiative that includes a national partnership with the Girl Scouts of the United States of America to launch the Financial Empowerment initiative. This new $1.72 million nationwide campaign, “Driving My Financial Future” will reach 24,000 girls, providing a curriculum designed to enlighten, educate and empower. (VIDEO)
- Other financial literacy partners include:
- American Financial Services Association (AFSA) Education Foundation: TFS supports AFSA’s Moneyskill program, an online financial education curriculum for young adults. More than 13,000 schools across the U.S. utilize the personal finance course, which has reached more than 500,000 students since its inception in 2007. For more information, visit www.moneyskill.org.
- Americans Well-Informed on Automobile Retailing Economics (AWARE): Toyota Financial Services is a founding member of AWARE, a collaborative auto industry effort to provide consumers with the information, tools and resources to successfully navigate the auto financing process.
- JumpStart Program: TFS also supports the national JumpStart early education organization that trains volunteers to teach underserved pre-school children language and literacy skills in preparation for kindergarten.
- Junior Achievement: TFS has partnered with Junior Achievement to serve over 27,000 students with volunteer-delivered financial education programs which include work readiness, entrepreneurship and financial literacy skills, along with experiential learning exercises.
>> To learn more about Toyota Financial Services (TFS) commitment to diversity and inclusion, including details about TFS’ other recent initiatives and recognitions, please click here.